Pick Up/Drop off guidelines
- Parents should enter the lot using the driveway nearest the church and exit using the driveway farthest from the church.
- Parents and students should wait for the yard supervisor to signal when it is okay to cross in the crosswalk.
- Do not stop in driving lanes or the crosswalk to allow your child(ren) to exit the car.
A) To drop your child(ren) without exiting your car:
- Proceed to the designated parking slots nearest the playground and pull into a slot.
- Once your child(ren) have exited the car, continue to drive forward and exit via the driveway farthest from the church. (This eliminates the need for cars to back-up in the area where children are walking.)
- Students should wait for the yard supervisor to signal when it is okay to cross in the crosswalk.
B) To walk your child(ren) into school:
- Please park in the second row of parking slots or on the side so as not to disrupt the flow of cars moving through the first row as defined above
- Parents who wish to pick up their child(ren) from the Cottage Way lot must park the car and walk to the crosswalk or beyond to escort their child(ren) to the car.
- No parking is permitted in the row of spots closest to the fenced area. This eliminates the need for cars to back up into the crosswalk area.
- Parents who wish to pick up their child(ren) without exiting the car should use the Walnut Avenue lot. (Please see other side.)
- The gates will be locked by the faculty supervisor at 3 P.M. Anyone who must exit after 3:00 will need to proceed to the front of the school.
OLA Parking Requirements
In an effort to enhance the safety in our parking lots we would like parents to be very aware of our drop-off and pick-up procedure.
- Students and parents must always use the crosswalk when walking to or from a car in the parking lot.
- Children may not be left unattended in a car. This includes parents conducting business in the office and dropping off or picking up siblings.
- Do not leave your car idling unattended.
- Cell phone use is prohibited in the school parking lots.
Kindergarten Drop-off & Pick-up
- Kindergartners should be dropped off and picked up from the Cottage Way lot during school hours. This minimizes the disruption to our other classes.
- Parents may wait quietly for dismissal in our Kindergarten Corner or at the bottom of the steps near the playground.
Walnut Avenue Parking Lot Drop-off & Pick-up
- Drivers should enter the lot using the driveway nearest Extension and exit using the driveway nearest the Rectory.
- Do not park in the loading/unloading lane before, during or after school on school days.
- Drive up as far as possible in the loading/unloading lane next to the curb. Have your children exit the car on the curb side only. Students should use the walkway to the right of the school office, and drivers should proceed to the exit nearest the Rectory.
- Parents who are walking their children to class should park in the available parking spaces and use the crosswalk as they proceed to the walkway lo- cated to the right of the school office.
- Students who are not in their classrooms when the 8:00 A.M. bell rings are tardy and must report to the office for a tardy slip.
- Parents who wish to drive up and pick up their child(ren) without exiting the car should use the Walnut Avenue lot.
- DO NOT park in the loading lane or block the crosswalk. If your child(ren) are not waiting at the gate with the faculty supervisor you must drive forward, loop back around and re-enter the line of cars approaching the loading zone.
- Please pull up as far as possible in the loading lane next to the curb and have your child(ren) enter the car from the curb side only.
- If you have business in the school office you must park in a parking space.
School Community Calendar